NAZENA

WORN OUT CLOTHES,
BRAND NEW PACKAGING

Our goal? Producing packaging products substitute
to those made of plastics, taking advantage of textile waste.

Find out more about Nazena project: our mission
foglie verdi Nazena
sfondo foglie nazena

Recycling has never been so trendy

Nazena is a start up committed in trasforming textile waste into packaging products.

WHY CLOTHING?

Because nowadays the Fashion industry is one of the most polluted industries.
Clothing production exploits many precious resources… Furthermore, have you ever thought about the post-consumption and life-end of those
aparels?

On average a person throws away around 34 kg of clothes every year… that are no longer in use.

Some items of clothing are sold in the second-hand market or they are given to charities.. but these are only 15% of the total.
The remaining 85% ends up in landfills or incinerators.. producing many green house gases, that are not good for the planet.

For 1 kg of recycled clothes, we can save (it means do not emit) 3,76 kg of Carbone Dioxine (CO2).
The equivalent to 4 hot showers!!

Do you want to know how much CO2 you emit? Click here: www.epa.gov

1 kg of recycled clothes = - 3,76 kg CO2
sfondo foglie nazena

WHY PACKAGING?

The consumption of packaging, in particular of plastic packaging, is increasing every year. Why?

Our life-style has changed and our consumer expectations are to receive a product in perfect conditions, immediately and at home.

On average a person makes use of 73 kg of plastic packaging every year… it’s a lot!

Consider that only 40% it is disposed and properly recycled. The remaining 60% ends up in landfills or incinerators…or even worse, it goes in the ocean!

sfondo foglie nazena

WHAT WE WANT TO DO

Nazena wants to recover and transform as much textile waste as possible, giving them a new, second life!

TODAYS CLOTHES WILL BECOME
CONTAINERS AND PACKAGING OF TOMORROW!

sfondo foglie nazena
WHAT WE USE
We mainly work with clothes that cannot be reused: those that cannot be given to charities or cannot be resold in the second-hand market.
Some examples:
recupero Maglioni di lana infeltriti

Felted sweaters

recupero Abiti con macchie che non vanno più via

Clothes with irremovable stains

recupero Capi scoloriti

Faded items

recupero Capi con tagli o strappi

Ripped items

recupero recupero biancheria rovinata

We also collaborate with some textile producers that send us their production scraps!

sfondo foglie nazena
sfondo foglie nazena

BIODEGRADABLE AND COMPOSTABLE PACKAGING

Through a new technological process patent pending, we are able to operate with textile waste from production, giving life to packaging products and other items.

patent pending Nazena

We are developing different types and shapes of packaging, different one from each other, but with a common goal: to be biodegradable and compostable!

Some examples? Bowls for ice-cream, various objects, containers for clothing transportation, wardrobe hangers, and many other items

sfondo foglie nazena

WHY HELPING US?

Our target is to transform 255 tons of textiles wastes within 2025:
help us in the journey towards eco-sustainability!

sfondo foglie nazena